ADKHighpeaks Foundation is currently accepting Grant applications based upon our mission as a 501(C)3 not for profit charitable institution.
Mission Statement: The purpose of the ADKHighpeaks Foundation is to provide financial assistance to organizations whose activities provide a benefit to the New York State Forest Preserve and the people that use it. The Foundation has a particular interest in funding wilderness zone and environmental protection, safe recreation, public education and biological research.
It is through their generous support over the last 5 years we have been able to provide grants to several organizations in excess of $34,000.
To be considered we respectfully request that the Application Request Letters meet the following guidelines:
- They must be limited in scope to one the following categories: Wilderness Zone and Environmental Protection, Safe Recreation and Public Education, or Biological Research as outlined in our Home Page.
- Funding request must be submitted by an established group, nonprofit organization or volunteer institution acting within the Mission scope of the Foundation.
- Must be within or related to the New York Forest Preserve in the state of New York in either the Adirondack or Catskill mountain regions.
Grant Applications must include:
- Detailed description of the project and estimated manpower requirements.
- Summarize the goal(s) of the project.
- The specific costs and itemized budget related to the project.
- Other funding sources if applicable.
- Expected time line for completion of the project or phase.
- Must be submitted in writing to the email address below.
Grant requests will be considered up to $1,000 each depending on scope of project and funds avaialable at time of application.
The following grant applicants will not be accepted:
- Athletic Teams including Little League, Soccer Organizations Etc.
- Endowments or Memorials
- Fraternities, Sororities
- Individual Needs
- Labor or Political Organizations
- Membership Dues
- Sectarian or Religious Organizations
- Travel Funds for Tours Expeditions or Trips
- Private Businesses
Please submit Applications to:
The Executive Board of the ADKHighpeaks Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Request must be composed in letter format and attached as a document (PDF preferred) and submitted to the above email. Verbal requests and those not meeting the guidelines above will not be considered.